Hyperion Optics’ cylindrical components have been widely used for laser based applications with reliable optical performance and durability. We are able to provide Zygo report of all cylindrical surfaces we produce, and intensive measurement can be met upon customer’s request, such as optical axis deviation.
We are working closely to innovators and photography equipment designers who develop customized anamorphic systems where use cylindrical lenses as image aspect ratio changer.
For attach-on anamorphic lenses for smart phones, anamorphic cinema projection system, and front mounted anamorphic attachment. Please check out our anamorphic lenses for more information. If you are in the stage of developing your own anamorphic lenses, don’t hesitate contacting one of our optical engineers for free consultation to receive assistant from manufacturing perspective.
At Hyperion optics, we keep utilizing optical edging technique for most demanding requirement, which is essential in cylindrical component manufacturing. We provide full inspection data along with shipment including Zygo interferometry report and centering testing results.
Cylindrical lens is an aspherical lens which can effectively reduce chromatic aberration. It can be divided into flat convex cylindrical lens, plane concave cylindrical lens, double convex cylindrical lens, double concave cylindrical surface, meniscus cylindrical mirror, cylindrical cylindrical lens and heteromorphic cylindrical lens. It has the function of one-dimensional amplification.
The similarity between cylindrical lenses and aspheric lens is that both of them can provide the focusing performance of the diffraction limit on the same dimension.
- provides the design of the diffraction limit
- applicable to the construction of a small contour thickness of a monochromater
- focus light on the same dimension
Cylindrical lens is mainly used to change the of size of imaging for design requirements, for example, to turn a point light spot into a line spot or change the height of the imaging without any influence of the width. It can be applied to linear detector illumination, barcode scanning, holographic illumination, optical information processing, computer, laser emission. The cylindrical lens can converge or diverge light beam in a single axis, it has wide application in optical metering, laser scanning, spectroscopy, laser diode output beam shaping, optical film lighting microimaging and other industries and fields. Optical cylindrical lens has a wide range of applications in strong laser systems and synchronous radiation beams. At the same time, the requirements of cylindrical lens parts are higher and higher, especially in some high-precision test instruments and devices.
The manufacture of cylindrical lenses:
It includes rough grinding, fine grinding, polishing, and optical centering and edging.
The selection of cylindrical lens and the building of optical path shall follow the following rules:
1)The focal length ratio of the two cylindrical lenses should be equal to the ratio of the Angle of divergence in order to ensure the uniform symmetry of the flare.
2) The laser diode can be approximated seen as a point light source, and in order to obtain the collimation output, the spacing between the two cylindrical lenses and the light source is equal to the focal length of the two.
3) The spacing of the main plane of the two cylindrical planes should be equal to the difference between the focal length. It is the same as a spherical lens, the convex surface of the cylindrical lens should be directed toward the collimating beam to minimize aberration.
4) Because the laser diode output beam diverges fast, we need to confirm that the size of the light spot on each cylinder lens is not larger than the effective optical aperture of the lens.